Monday, November 13, 2017

For My Wildflower

My dear Gabriela Ruth –
“In a field of roses, she is a wildflower.”

As I seek to find the words to write you now turning 37 weeks pregnant and on the eve of your arrival, there are so many things I wish to tell you.  But today, I hope my words inspire you for the entirety of your life and encourage you to always live out the desires of your heart that God has miraculously instilled in you – divine dreams for your life that only our Creator can magically dream up and bring to fruition.  He knew you before I knew of you and He knew that this world needed you, for this day, for this moment, and for this year.  Every breath you sustain is His will and I know that though you are my earthly daughter (my wildflower) you are eternally His daughter.  I submit your life to Him and before Him. 

My beautiful wildflower, I want you to know that this nickname for you is one that I chose carefully and prayerfully.  I know that while wildflowers may be seen at times as senseless and erratic in nature, they are actually quite skillful and independent illustrations of flora.  Consider how they grow – wildflowers do not look to the left nor to the right when blossoming, and most times are not intentionally planted or seeded.  Yet these flowers sprout purposefully and faithfully in many flawed circumstances.  They do not plan their arrival or growth based on how the flowers or blades of grass around them thrive, but instead rely only on their own internal compass and upward faith to continue flourishing.  They are fierce, autonomous, and liberated.  Each one an individual and unrestricted by the conformity that lay around it.  They are open and uninhibited.  I imagine you one day living a life uninhibited by what society may tell you, what classmates or teachers or bosses might seek to instill in you, but still you remain unfettered.  I pray you always know whose you are – a daughter of a mighty King.  A King who has given you purpose beyond society and beyond the naysayers you will encounter in life.  Be a wildflower, my child.  Be free of all but Christ in your heart and you will find that happiness will prosper.  Be bold and fierce; encouraged by the spirit that lives within you and guided by the light that shines within (Matthew 5:13-16 NIV).  Like the wildflower, He will never leave you or lead you astray.  Do not worry about those voices on the outside, remain steadfast on the voice on the inside, the voice of the Holy Spirit.  Like a wildflower, your nonconformity to society and secularism will shine your uniqueness without fear and attract many that are drawn to your glimmer.  Just as a wildflower trusts in God to sway and propagate in whatever weather God sends it, so my prayer is that you too trust in Him to provide through whatever you may face.  “Consider how the wildflowers grow. They do not labor or spin…”  Luke 12:27 NIV. 

My child, “you have come to your royal position for such a time as this.”  (Esther 4:14 NIV)  You are chosen as an untamed beauty; wondrous in all your splendor and wind-swept ferocity.  Choose to standout, my baby girl.  Chose to be a wildflower – even in a sea of roses.

I love you forever, I love you for always. 

Your Mami,

Raquel "Daisy" Jordan

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and tender words for your wildflower. She is lucky to have a great mother as an example of God's love. She already has a great head start because she is so loved and cherished. I can't wait to see and hold our precious Gabriela! Love You!!

    ReplyDelete